Nobody alive is immune to anxiety or depression. Anxiety and depression is like the common cold and everyone you know is susceptible. That means you, yo mama, yo daddy, sister, brother, aunty, uncle, teacher, doctor and the list goes on. Anxiety doesn’t discriminate.
Some people are affected for a short time, but for many it’s a chronic battle. So many people are walking around with the weight of the world on their shoulders and “ faking the funk” as if it’s not too heavy to bear. Having those pent up feelings will only tear you up inside and cripple your growth in life. Sometimes you just need to cry. Sometimes you need therapy. Sometimes you need to just disconnect.
Prayer and Bible Verses For Anxiety
Many times you need to pray. Prayer is a powerful coping skill to combat the underlying fear associated with anxiety. Praying allows you to submit your troubles to God and put your Faith into Him to deliver a calm that only He can provide.
Many times you need to read your Bible. It may be incredibly helpful to meditate on bible verses and scriptures for anxiety. This can be performed by reading the scriptures repeatedly and trying to memorize it each time. Next, try reciting the scripture aloud. Next, reflect on the scripture and ask yourself what it reveals about God and His plan for your life. You should also ask what the bible verse reveals about you and pray for further understanding of the scripture.
I’ve experienced the worst anxiety of my life while in Medical School and I wouldn’t have made it this far without the Word. Because of that, I started a series on Instagram called Medicine and Miracles #medmiracles, so I hope you’ll have a chance to join in the conversation.
In the meantime, I have compiled 18 bible verses for anxiety for you below.
- God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” Psalms 46:1 NIV
2. ”Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”” Matthew 11:28-30 NIV
3. “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7 NIV
4. “Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.” Psalms 55:22 NIV
5. Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom.” Luke 12:32 NIV
6. ““Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?” Matthew 6:25 NIV
To continue reading the final 12/18 Bible verses and scriptures for anxiety, join the premium membership. Become a member today with the pay as you wish contribution to gain access to weekly exclusive blogs, videos with personal stories I’ve never shared on any platform. You will also gain access to periodic live chats to help you win in school, life and career growth.